Saturday, March 14, 2009

What's Cookin'?


That is the title of my new paper pack for the Design Star competition at Scrapmatters. The assignment was to create a paper pack with 3 solids and 5 patterned papers. We were supposed to have theme and we could choose our own color pallet. My inspiration came from one of the ScrapMatter's challenges called "A Matter of Taste" Recipe Exchange challenge. They scrap recipes to print off so that you end up with a beautiful keepsake recipe book. What a fun idea, don't you think?

Well, I love to cook and I have a huge collection of wonderful recipes, so I wanted to create a kit that I could use in that challenge. I also have new pictures of Aurora making pancakes. The girl has made it into an art form by making them into shapes of little men and hearts and Mickey Mouse heads, etc. It's adorable! I also have some cute pictures of Serenity covered in spaghetti, and this kit is going to be perfect for that as well!

I really can't wait to get started on the matching elements. The papers were fun, but I think I really shine when it comes to making elements. I have some terrific ideas! So, I hope you'll come back next week and look for those.

Meanwhile, you can download my paper pack at ScrapMatters.com as well as all of the great paper packs made by the other contestants. Let me tell you, those ladies make for some stiff competition. They're so talented! But you're all rooting for me right? ;o)

Well, this week is not an elimination round. More cuts will come after we make our element packs next week. I still need you all to keep all your crossables crossed for me, because I really want that design position. Thanks for your support!

- Ro

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Great job Ro! You are so talented. :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing!

Mrs E of ScrappyFreebies.com

Evangelesse said...

Love this and THANKS! Just had to share...my daughter's name is Serenity too! She's 22 now.

Wendy Gunderson said...

I've been looking for a cooking themed kit that was more modern in feel. I love yours! Thank you!